World Cup Woes
Fortunately, I have the week off for "comp time" as I spent many of the past weekends in Europe.
So, this morning, Carl, Dave, Gallegos & I went down to Fado's to watch the World Cup match between the USA and Ghana. It was a must win game for the USA as we had stunk up the game against the Czechs and tied Italy.
What was great is that the place was packed. Quite the atmosphere.
Cheerleaders, giveaways, etc. I got there at 8am and there was not a seat to be had! It's quite a change going in from the morning sunshine to the dark pub-like atmosphere of Fado's. It could have been any time of the day with the smoke, the beer, etc. Once inside the only thing that gave it away was that they were serving Irish Breakfasts.
The game was OK. The USA team played OK. But, not well enough to win. They go home. Ghana advances. Pretty cool for them.
But, the Guiness was cold and it was exciting.
Off to see An Inconvenient Truth with Janet...
So, this morning, Carl, Dave, Gallegos & I went down to Fado's to watch the World Cup match between the USA and Ghana. It was a must win game for the USA as we had stunk up the game against the Czechs and tied Italy.
What was great is that the place was packed. Quite the atmosphere.
Cheerleaders, giveaways, etc. I got there at 8am and there was not a seat to be had! It's quite a change going in from the morning sunshine to the dark pub-like atmosphere of Fado's. It could have been any time of the day with the smoke, the beer, etc. Once inside the only thing that gave it away was that they were serving Irish Breakfasts.The game was OK. The USA team played OK. But, not well enough to win. They go home. Ghana advances. Pretty cool for them.
But, the Guiness was cold and it was exciting.
Off to see An Inconvenient Truth with Janet...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home