Sunday, July 16, 2006

Perspiring in Poland

The client that I am at has built construction trailers on to side of the plant that sit in the hot sun. It is 90+ degrees outside.

When they were assembled, the facilities manager was told that there would be about 20 people there so installed air conditioning would not be needed.

There are now around 100 people in them. They bought portable air conditioners. The portable air conditioners must stay near the windows so that the exhaust can blow out the window. The condensation is collected into a tray on the floor that a janitor empties periodically.

These air conditioners cool the air maybe 5 feet away before the effect is lost. So, they have brought in rotating fans. They just push hot air around a lot.

Since the air conditioners don't really help, they have taken to running a sprinkler on the roof to help cool the trailers. The water drips through the vents in the ceiling where the air conditioning would have gone if it had been installed. It is collected in buckets.

Did I mention the floor is wet from people knocking over the condensation collectors? Oh, and it is really loud due to fans, air conditioners, sprinklers, and 100 people in a metal box?

Fortunately, I am back in Denver. I got back Saturday morning at around 12:30 am.

Off to Reynosa, MX on Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home