Reynosa, MX
Please don't ever go here. It is flat, hot, humid, and soul sucking. Fortunately, the people are nice.
I was down there 3 days last week visiting a client. Imagine what Kansas would look like if sand and scrub brush replaced the wheat. That's McAllen, TX or Reynosa, MX. Only grittier as it is a border town.
Now, I've seen my share of border towns. Between Nicaragua/Honduras, Colombia/Venezuela, Venezuela/Brazil, Nogales, Tijuana. This one is probably second worst. At least Nogales had the landscape to distract one from the despair. Reynosa's got nothing!
The only bright spot was the people. They were very nice. And, most talked of the places they'd rather be!
Oh, and La Mansion restaurant. They had salsa that they made right at the table. That was good.
I was down there 3 days last week visiting a client. Imagine what Kansas would look like if sand and scrub brush replaced the wheat. That's McAllen, TX or Reynosa, MX. Only grittier as it is a border town.
Now, I've seen my share of border towns. Between Nicaragua/Honduras, Colombia/Venezuela, Venezuela/Brazil, Nogales, Tijuana. This one is probably second worst. At least Nogales had the landscape to distract one from the despair. Reynosa's got nothing!
The only bright spot was the people. They were very nice. And, most talked of the places they'd rather be!
Oh, and La Mansion restaurant. They had salsa that they made right at the table. That was good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home