San Diego/Tijuana
Last week I was down in San Diego to go to work everyday in Tijuana. Now, as you know, I am not a big fan of crossing the border everyday for work. Nor am I a big fan of staying in Tijuana. So, crossing won out over staying.
Fortunately, it was not too bad. We drove about 1/2 of an hour from our Marriott in the tourist friendly gaslamp district. Then we got picked up and taken over the border. In the evenings, we got a ride back. Pretty simple. The only snag was a little traffic. Being SoCal, that is to be expected.
The best part of my trip was hanging out in the evenings with a friend of mine who had moved from Denver. He used to work at JDE and now is a federal agent. We got to catch up and he got to tell me highly edited stories. Pretty cool what those guys in his outfit face.
One of the nights we went surfing. I grew up catching waves at the Jersey Shore and Sunset Beach, NC and have a fairly good idea of what to do. However, I am WAY out of swimming/paddling/surfing shape. Holy cow. By the time I paddled out I was huffing and puffing. When I went to catch a wave, I could barely paddle for it. Then, on the few waves I did get position for and got taken by, I was almost too tired to raise up!
But, it was great to be in the ocean again. I love Colorado. I just wish that instead of Kansas to the east, we had the ocean. C'mon new fault line!
Some fun new sites... http://marmadukeexplained.blogspot.com, http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com
Enjoy!
Fortunately, it was not too bad. We drove about 1/2 of an hour from our Marriott in the tourist friendly gaslamp district. Then we got picked up and taken over the border. In the evenings, we got a ride back. Pretty simple. The only snag was a little traffic. Being SoCal, that is to be expected.
The best part of my trip was hanging out in the evenings with a friend of mine who had moved from Denver. He used to work at JDE and now is a federal agent. We got to catch up and he got to tell me highly edited stories. Pretty cool what those guys in his outfit face.
One of the nights we went surfing. I grew up catching waves at the Jersey Shore and Sunset Beach, NC and have a fairly good idea of what to do. However, I am WAY out of swimming/paddling/surfing shape. Holy cow. By the time I paddled out I was huffing and puffing. When I went to catch a wave, I could barely paddle for it. Then, on the few waves I did get position for and got taken by, I was almost too tired to raise up!
But, it was great to be in the ocean again. I love Colorado. I just wish that instead of Kansas to the east, we had the ocean. C'mon new fault line!
Some fun new sites... http://marmadukeexplained.blogspot.com, http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com
Enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home