Brookfield (Milwaukee), Wisconsin
Well, I went here for 2 days to teach a class. I got stuck with the class because I was the only one available to do it. Lucky me. Fortunately, one of my coworkers did all of the prep work so that I did not have to do much other than stand up and talk.
It was a short trip. I wish all of them were that way. I was in and out in 2 nights and 3 days. And, the people there seemed happy with what I did for them. So, that was cool.
The one night that I had to do anything, I went down to their version of LoDo. Old converted warehouses, etc. It was pretty cool. The weather did not cooperate, however. It was cold and foggy/misty/drizzly. So, I think that might have kept people at home.
I had dinner at the Water Street Brewery. It was pretty good. I had some pretzels and then I had a bratwurst. It was good. I washed it down with a Stout beer. It was 12% alcohol. That's like having a pint of wine!
The hotel was not so bad. It was old. But, it was clean. And comfortable. No complaints. Take a look.
Getting out of Milwaukee proved to be a pain in the butt. My flight got cancelled due to the aforementioned crappy weather. Fortunately, I am 1K on United now and they called me to tell me before I even left for my original flight. So, I was able to rebook out of Chicago. I was able to drive down to O'Hare in about 90 minutes. The only hang up was when I did not have 80 cents at the toll. So, I drove through it. The place lit up like a prison with inmates on the loose. This must happen a lot because Illinois has a website where you can go pay the toll within 7 days. WHEW!
I eventually got home way later than I should have. That sucks.
No travel until 2007 for me!
It was a short trip. I wish all of them were that way. I was in and out in 2 nights and 3 days. And, the people there seemed happy with what I did for them. So, that was cool.
The one night that I had to do anything, I went down to their version of LoDo. Old converted warehouses, etc. It was pretty cool. The weather did not cooperate, however. It was cold and foggy/misty/drizzly. So, I think that might have kept people at home.
I had dinner at the Water Street Brewery. It was pretty good. I had some pretzels and then I had a bratwurst. It was good. I washed it down with a Stout beer. It was 12% alcohol. That's like having a pint of wine!
The hotel was not so bad. It was old. But, it was clean. And comfortable. No complaints. Take a look.
Getting out of Milwaukee proved to be a pain in the butt. My flight got cancelled due to the aforementioned crappy weather. Fortunately, I am 1K on United now and they called me to tell me before I even left for my original flight. So, I was able to rebook out of Chicago. I was able to drive down to O'Hare in about 90 minutes. The only hang up was when I did not have 80 cents at the toll. So, I drove through it. The place lit up like a prison with inmates on the loose. This must happen a lot because Illinois has a website where you can go pay the toll within 7 days. WHEW!
I eventually got home way later than I should have. That sucks.
No travel until 2007 for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home